Criteria for Admission to Beaumont:
The primary consideration for Admission to Beaumont School is the prospective student's academic ability as measured by the entrance examination and the candidate's academic record. Generally, the decision to admit eighth-grade applicants is based on:
- An outstanding academic record, generally grades are all A's and B's
- A strong Beaumont entrance exam score
- Exceptional recommendations from 2 current teachers in the main subject areas (Math, English, Science, Social Studies)
- Good National Standardized Test Scores (IOWA's, CAT's, OAA's)
- Above Satisfactory marks in effort and respectable classroom conduct and behavior
- Extra-curricular involvement (Parish, Athletics, Community, School)
Catholic School Student Application Process:
In order to have a completed application and be considered for admission to Beaumont School’s Class of 2022 you need to submit your Diocesan Application to your grade school with Beaumont School listed as your First Choice High School. Beaumont will not receive your application without that First Choice recognition.
Monday, January 16, 2018: Grade schools distribute application to student within the Diocese
Monday- Thursday, January 16-19, 2018: High School Selection Week
Friday, January 19, 2018: Selection Deadline & Applications collected at schools
Wednesday, January 31 2018: Applications must be delivered to first choice high schools for review by this date
Wednesday, February 14, 2018: Decision letters from high schools mailed to applicants
February 23, 2018: Deadline for first choice acceptances
To keep in communication with your family, we would like your contact information. We ask each family considering Beaumont in their high school search to create a student account through Beaumont's Online Admissions Portal .
Public/Private School Application Process:
In order to have a completed application and be considered for admission to Beaumont School’s Class of 2021 please begin the process by creating a student account through Beaumont's Online Admissions Portal.
**When you get to the Online Admissions Portal please click “Apply Now” and use the drop down box under “Program” to select “Applying from a Public/Private School.” You need to have this setting right in order to have access to the full Beaumont Application with Teacher Recommendations and to upload a Personal Statement. You will also have the ability to schedule a shadow day and entrance exam from this portal.
You will need to submit a Record Request Form to your school for a transcript of grades and standardized test scores to be sent to Beaumont School.
Application Deadline: January 19, 2018
Transfer Student Application Process:
To begin the transfer process and be considered for admission to Beaumont School, please begin by creating a student account through Beaumont's Online Admissions Portal. You absolutely MUST contact our admissions department at email@example.com or at 216.325.1661 in order to discuss application materials, criteria and guidelines.
**Whether you attend a Catholic, Private or Public high school, please use the drop down box for the first question under "Program" to select you are "Applying as a High School Transfer" to ensure that you have access to the Beaumont Online Application Materials. You will have access to schedule a shadow day from this portal. Transfer students do NOT need to take the Beaumont High School Placement Test Entrance Exam.
You will need to submit a Record Request Form to your high school for a transcript of grades and standardized test scores to be sent to Beaumont School.
Please contact the admissions office at 216-325-1661 for an appointment to discuss transferring and setting up a shadow day.
Students applying that have an Individualized Education Plan (IEP), 504 Plan, SEGO Plan (Student Education Goals & Objectives), Individualized Service Plan (ISP) or an Accommodation Plan:
If you are a student that follows an accommodation plan please follow the guidelines below:
- All 8th grade applicants are required to take the Beaumont Entrance Exam (High School Placement Test). Please submit your accommodation plan to Beaumont, one month prior to your Entrance Exam date to have our Academic Support Team review for testing accommodations. Please email the scanned copy of your plan to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All students being considered for admission must submit all current documentation. If a student has a Individualized Education Plan (IEP) it must be accompanied with the Evaluation Team Report (ETR) prior to the application date to be reviewed by Beaumont's Academic Support Team to ensure proper placement into our Academic Support Program.
- Please view the Academic Support page under Academics and contact Beaumont's Admissions office to meet Beaumont's Intervention Specialist, Mrs. Sue Barnett. There will be a representative from the Academic Support Center at all Open Houses.
- Beaumont is a provider for the Jon Peterson Scholarship through the Ohio Department of Education. Please contact Beaumont Admissions if you have questions regarding the Jon Peterson Scholarship.