Beaumont School Ground Breaking - September 24
Beaumont School expands with $9.5 million STEM building
Beaumont School will break ground on a $9.5 million expansion and renovation project at its campus on North Park Boulevard, in Cleveland Heights, Ohio, on Tuesday, September 24 at 4:00 pm. Alumnae, friends and supporters are all welcome to attend. Please RSVP to email@example.com.
The expansion includes a new 25,000-square-foot building that houses eight science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) classrooms. The expansion will also house new administrative and guidance offices, and a student commons, as well as create a new main entrance to the school. The two-story structure will connect to the west end of the existing main classroom building and will face North Park Boulevard.
Beaumont has always been committed to excellence in education. While Beaumont students excel in STEM subjects, the school’s current science wing is over fifty years old and lacks the infrastructure to support the technologies that have emerged. The school is investing in its facilities to create a modern learning environment in order to serve young women, to demonstrate its commitment to the Cleveland Heights community, and to help prepare a new generation of alumnae for successful STEM careers in Northeast Ohio and beyond.
Additionally on September 24, the entire student body will gather at 9:30 am at the school’s current main entrance on North Park Boulevard. The event will include a brief prayer service as the statue of St. Angela Merici, founder of the Ursuline order, is removed. The statue will be refurbished and held in storage until it can be installed at the new main entrance when the new building is completed.
Beaumont School was founded in 1850 by the Ursuline Sisters. It is the oldest school in the Cleveland Diocese and the oldest secondary school in Cleveland. The school moved to the former Painter Estate in Cleveland Heights in 1942 with classes held in the Painter Mansion, now The Lennon House. The existing school building was completed in 1964. Beaumont is the only all-girls Catholic high school remaining on Cleveland’s East Side.
Posted on Mon, September 16, 2013
by Rita Kueber