1. Shadowing is a required career exploration activity which will take place on Friday, May 18, 2018.
2. You must shadow with someone other than a parent. A list of sponsors is available in the guidance office and below.
3. A day of shadowing is a full workday which may mean five to eight hours. The minimum amount of time necessary to fulfill the requirements of the day is five hours.
4. You will be exempt from classes in order to participate in this activity.
5. If an emergency situation arises with you and/or your sponsor (example: illness, unexpected meeting), you must make arrangements to reschedule the event on a Saturday or a day when school is not in session.
6. A signed permission form, including a parent signature and the name of your sponsor with their address, email and phone number is due to your homeroom teacher by Tuesday, March 20, 2018. This is before Spring Break!
7. Junior Shadowing is a graduation requirement. If your junior shadowing report & evaluation are not turned in by the due date, Tuesday,
May 22, 2018, an “F” will be recorded on your transcript. If your junior shadowing report & evaluation are turned in after the May 22nd due date, your transcript will reflect a “failure and make-up.”
8. Your sponsor will evaluate you in the following areas: promptness, personal appearance, courtesy, attitude and eagerness to learn.
1. Please fill out the shadowing form completely. Make sure to include Sponsors Name, address, zip code, email and your parent's signature. The form will be returned to you if it is not complete or illegible.
2. We will send a confirmation letter and evaluation form to your sponsor, through email, after you turn in the permission form on March 20, 2018. This letter gives the sponsor guidelines for the day.
4. If you change your shadowing sponsor, please let Mrs.Favret know in the Guidance Office. A new permission form needs to be completed and turned into the guidance office for your new sponsor.
5. Sponsors will be contacted on the day of shadowing by Beaumont faculty members.
6. Don’t wait – contact your sponsor now. See Mrs Favret in the Guidance Department if you are having difficulty.
7. After your shadowing experience, you will be asked to complete a shadowing report. The junior shadowing requirement is fulfilled when the guidance department receives the evaluation from your sponsor and when you complete and turn in your shadowing report. The deadline for turning in the evaluation and shadowing report to your homeroom teacher is Tuesday, May 22, 2018.
Sponsor List: Last Year's Junior Shadow Contact List
Junior Shadow Packet and Forms, including Permission Form, Shadowing Report, and the Evaluation Form.