The Social Justice/Service Club offers students the opportunity to engage in activities that help them to understand the world around them and its needs. This is all-inclusive, covering creation, care of the earth, those who are poor and on the margins of society and matters of justice and peace.
The Club meets monthly; more often when we are working on projects that we sponsor or help to sponsor.
Our meetings are on the FIRST WEDNESDAY OF THE MONTH, AT 3:10 IN A122, to gather ideas of what activities we would like to initiate and carry out during the year. In past years we have:
- Promoted gathering clothing and shoes for Planet Aid
- Made sandwiches for the hungry of Cleveland for the Labre project
- Attended the March for Life in Washington, D.C. and Cleveland
- Helped Womankind by sponsoring the Baby Bottle project
- Visit with the elderly at Judson Manor
- Work with other Catholic schools on projects through the CSPF Group (Catholic Schools for Peace and Justice)
- Participated in leadership training workshops
- Sponsored the One World Shop here at Beaumont at Christmas
- Attended and participated in “teach-ins” that help raise our awareness of global and local issues and how we can help
If you would like more information, or would like to join our club, we would love to have you! Please contact the following for more information:
Morgan Jochum '17
Maggie Hulter '17
Bridget Danko '18
Or: Sue Riley at email@example.com or (216) 325-7332; or Marty Steward at firstname.lastname@example.org.